Economic Support (ES)


The function of the Economic Support Unit is to help families in need become self-sufficient and independent of the public assistance system.  We do this by assessing the family’s financial situation, determining eligibility for interim public assistance programs, and referring persons who are able to work to job seeking activities.

Southern Consortium Call Center 

The Southern Call Center processes changes for the FoodShare, BadgerCare/Medical Assistance and Child Care programs. The Southern Call Center serves Rock, Iowa, Crawford, Green, Grant, Jefferson, and Lafayette County Economic Support customers.  The Southern Call Center hours of operation are 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. It is closed on holidays.

Southern Call Center Contact Info:

  • Toll Free Phone:  888-794-5780
  • Central Processing Unit Fax:  855-293-1822



Medical Assistance (MA):  Wisconsin’s ForwardHealth Medicaid plans for Elderly, Blind or Disabled provide health care for those who are, age 65 or older, blind or disabled, with income at or below the monthly program limit, and who are United States citizens or legal immigrants. For more information visit        http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/medicaid/index.htm 

BadgerCare Plus (BC+): BadgerCare Plus is a program for children under 19 years of age and families in Wisconsin who need and want health insurance. For more information visit   http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/badgercareplus/

FoodShare (FS):  Provides FoodShare to most households that meet certain financial and non-financial requirements helping low-income families and individuals buy nutritious food.  For more information visit http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/FoodShare/index.htm

Family Planning Waiver Program (FPWP):  This plan provides certain family planning related services.  The purpose of this plan is to stop unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).  To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen, or have proof of immigration status, be at least 15 years old, not be getting ForwardHealth for the Elderly, Blind or Disabled or BadgerCare Plus Standard or Benchmark Plans, and have a family gross income of no more than 300% of the federal poverty level (for minors, parent  income is not counted). For more information visit http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/em/CustomerHelp/familyplanning.htm

Caretaker Supplement (CTS):  Wisconsin Caretaker Supplement (CTS) is a cash benefit available to parents who are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments.  Caretaker Supplement is not a Medicaid benefit; it pays cash only to eligible parents. For more information visit http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/ssi/caretaker.htm

Wisconsin Shares – Child Care Subsidy Program:  Helps families with the cost of childcare while their parents are at work, work and school, and/or participating in a work program.
To complete an online application for any of the programs listed above visit  http://www.access.wisconsin.gov

If you are interested in becoming a Certified Child Provider in Green County please call Community Coordinated Child Care Inc. (4-C) at 1-800-750-5437 or email: info@4-c.org   You can also find additional information on their website at https://www.4-c.org

To find a licensed or certified child care provider go to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families YoungStar website at: https://childcarefinder.wisconsin.gov/Search/Search.aspx   


Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP):  Assists in paying heating costs for low-income households.  A one-time-per-heating-season payment is issued to the energy providers.  Crisis assistance is available to persons who have already received their regular payment but have an emergency fuel need or a problem with their heating unit. WHEAP services in Green County are provided by Energy Services Inc. (608) 328-1111. 749 10th Ave Court, Monroe, WI 53566

Apply Online: https://energybenefit.wi.gov/

For more information  visit http://www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov/category.asp?linkcatid=239&linkid=118&locid=25


W-2 (Wisconsin Works):  For information about W-2, visit https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/

The contact agency for Green County is Forward Services Corporation, 1009 18th Ave. Unit B103, Monroe WI  53566Phone: (608) 426-6467.  Fax: (608) 218-3814.  For more information visit http://www.fsc-corp.org/programs/wisconsin-works/



For more information:  (608) 328-9344 

Fax: (608) 328-9487